“McAfee Security Center Blank White Screen”
McAfee Security Center fails to open, opens to a blank white screen, or you see a JScript error. Other applications on your system might have the same issue.
- If McAfee SecurityCenter displays a blank screen, it might be caused by an incorrect registry key that references JScript. Perform the following steps to download and run the script that fixes this issue.
- Save any work. The script asks you to restart your computer when it completes.
- Click the following link and save the file to your desktop: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/mcscriptfix.zip
- Unzip the file you downloaded and save mcscriptfix.bat to your Desktop.
- Right-click mcscriptfix.bat and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control box, if prompted.
- While this script runs, a black DOS Prompt window opens on your screen.
- Press any key to continue when prompted.
- Restart your computer.
- Restarting your computer frequently resolves these types of issues, but deeper troubleshooting might be required. If your issue persists, continue to the STEP 2.
STEP 2: Verify Java is installed and up-to-date:
- Install the latest version of java from http://www.java.com if it is not installed.
- If you find multiple versions of Java installed, remove all versions, restart your computer, then install Java again.
- If problem still persist, continue to the STEP 3.
STEP 3: Download and run the McAfee PreInstall Tool:
- Go to
- and save the McPreInstall file to your desktop.
- Double-click McPreInstall.exe.
- Click Start inside the Preinstall Tool.
- Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
- After the preinstall tool completes, click OK.
- Click Close and restart your computer.
- Double click on McAfee icon on your desktop screen to open it. If you are still unable to see the McAfee screen, continue to the STEP 4.
STEP 4: Uninstall your installed McAfee software:
- Download and run McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and save it to a folder on your computer.
- IMPORTANT: The MCPR tool is updated periodically when new products and updates are released. Always download a new copy of the MCPR tool before using it to uninstall your product.
- Double-click to the MCPR.exe file that you just have downloaded on your PC.
- When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
- At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept agreement.
- When prompted, type the Captcha information, which is case sensitive, to validate to application security, and then click Next.
- If you have Family Protection installed, type your Administrator user name and password and click Next.
- If you cannot authenticate, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code. If you do not have Family Protection installed, you will not receive this authentication prompt.
- When you see the message CleanUp Successful, restart your computer. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.
- Reinstall your McAfee products.
Re-Install the McAfee:
- Login to your McAfee account using this url:
- and download & save the setup file on your desktop screen.
- Once the file is downloaded, double click on it to re-install.
- Type in your e-mail id and password associated to your McAfee account if it ask you to type.
- Continue & finish the installation, Update it once the installation completed.
- Reboot the computer and try to Launch the McAfee console by double clicking on the McAfee icon. If you are still unable to see the McAfee screen, continue to the STEP 5.
STEP 5: Re-Register the java script & vbcript files:
If you still cannot see SecurityCenter screens correctly after completing all of the previous solutions you might have an operating system problem. Perform the following steps and make a note of any errors you receive.
1.Click Start and select the Search box.
2.Type “cmd” command in the search box. Right-click on “cmd” command in list, and select Open as Administrator.
Type each of the following commands and press ENTER after each one. After each command has run, you will see a success or failure message:
• regsvr32 scrrun.dll
• regsvr32 jscript.dll
• regsvr32 vbscript.dll
4.Download & Run The McAfee Virtual Technician Tool.
5.Try to Upgrade/degrade the Internet explorer.
6.Reboot the computer and try to launch the McAfee console by double clicking
on the McAfee icon on desktop. This time it should open without any error, without any black white screen like below screen: